If you are hit by another driver, who flees the scene, you should try to safely:
1) Pull over and make sure everyone is okay. It is important that you do not chase after the offending driver.
2) Try to record as much detail as you can, safely, about the causes and circumstances of the accident, such as;
- A description of the fleeing driver and/or the vehicle’s color, make, model, and license plate number;
- Time and location of the accident;
- The sequence of events, including which direction the fleeing driver was headed before and after the accident;
- Write down the contact information of any eyewitnesses;
- If safe, take some pictures of your damages, location, positions, directions and so on.
3. Contact Police
An official accident report in a Hit-and-Run accident could make a major difference in the outcome of your case. Even, if you are unable to provide much information about the fleeing driver, your police report will come in handy during your claims’ process.
4. Call Your Chosen Attorney immediately for legal advice, regarding your rights and duties
Here at ChosenLawyers.com, our mission is to diligently search and carefully choose some of the most Capable, Credible and Compassionate Personal Injury Lawyers in all Jurisdictions. And bring them under one virtual roof, so they can help you defend your rights and obtain justice, with the speed of need!
We have also equipped each Chosen Lawyer with a Private, Confidential and Secure LIVE CHAT Portal, so they can help you, Anytime, Anywhere, Right Away!
Go ahead and click HERE for a FREE and CONFIDENTIAL case evaluation, now. Because when you get hit by a careless driver, you will need a superb Chosen Lawyer to make them pay! ®