According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration about 6 million car accidents occur in the United States, each year! These accidents injure about 4 million million people; 60,000 of them are fatal. Truck accidents injure an additional 60,000 people; and about 5,000 of them die from their sustained injuries
Construction Accidents injure about 300,000 people per year: about 1,000 of them lose their lives.
Medical Malpractice injure about 800,000 (Eight Hundred Thousand) people each year: about 100,000 (One Hundred Thousand) of them die from their preventable injuries.
Unsurprisingly, liability for those whose incompetence, negligence or other wrong doings have caused a victim’s death or grave injury is almost always vigorously disputed: most often in Bad Faith! Moreover, biased Laws such as Medical Malpractice Limit, Tort Reform Legislations (Corporate Sponsored Legislations that change our Civil Justice System; in order to curtail the Injured People’s Right to Just Compensation) and cleverly crafted Arbitration Clauses, brazenly deny victims’ access to the court of law; an added insult to the injury for millions.
The United States Department of Justice has provided the following breakdown of personal injury cases:
- 52% of injury cases were related to motor vehicle accidents;
- 15% of all cases were related to medical malpractice;
- 5% were product liability cases; and the remaining
- 28% were related to other types of injuries.
The U.S. Department of Justice further outlined the result of injury cases:
- Plaintiffs were successful 61% of the time in vehicular accidents;
- 50% in intentional tort trials cases;
- 39% premises liability trials, such as slip and fall claims.
- 38% in product liability trials; and
- only 19% in medical malpractice trials.
According to the Department of Justice report the following settlements were reached in various types of personal injury litigations:
- Half of all plaintiffs received about $24,000 each;
- The average award for all personal injury cases was about $31,000;
- The average Motor Vehicle Personal Injury case award was $16,000;
- The average Premises Liability Personal Injury award was $90,000;
- The average Intentional Tort Personal Injury award was about $100,000;
- The average Medical Malpractice Personal Injury case award was $679,000;
- The Average Product liability case award was $748,000.
Same reports also showed that the court process for personal injury cases that actually went to trial were incredibly lengthy:
- Tort lawsuits took about 23 months;
- Motor vehicle accident cases about 20 months;
- Medical malpractice cases about 31 months;
- Premises liability about 24 months; and
- Intentional tort cases about 25 months.
While, accidents are a fact of life, which can happen to anyone, most often, when least expected; prudent ways of dealing with the aftermath of such accidents is a choice. For instance, in case of physical or emotional injures, one can seek immediate help from healthcare professionals. And, if injuries were caused by the negligence or wrongdoing of others, then, one has the legal right to make them pay.
Unfortunately, such expensive services are beyond the means of most people and a major impediment on the road to recovery. Especially, in light of the fact that the Insurance Corporations have armies of their own doctors and power-lawyers, who are well-paid to downplay your damages, sometimes in Bad Faith.
To counter corporations’ power-play, the founder of ChosenLawyers.com, who is also a lawyer, searches amongst thousands of lawyers, and personally interviews many of them, in order to choose some of the most Capable, Credible and Compassionate Lawyers in each jurisdiction.
So, if you’ve been injured in any type of accidents, Chosen Personal Injury Lawyers are a click or call away to help you heal and obtain justice. The fundamental question is: are you ready to defend your rights and obtain justice? If so, please click HERE for a FREE and CONFIDENTIAL Case Evaluation, Right Now!